The job has been added to the Job cart.
Job Location: Cumberland, RI
We are seeking top talent that has a passion for winning and making a difference. Intern, Category Strategy and Insights Co-Op position at Hershey provides a launch pad for our future sales leaders. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with our customers, analyze customer and shopper insights to build selling stories, and develop your business acumen skills.
CSI is a mix of sales, marketing, and marketing research – Our CSI department researches and analyzes data to understand the present and utilize that information to impact the future. Some of the ways a CSI Manager influences the marketplace is by making strategic recommendations on: item assortment, product placement, promotions, and pricing.
As a CSI intern, you will have the opportunity to work with the following departments: Category Development, Sales, Marketing and Shopper Insights.
• Develop fact-based analysis of customer business trends utilizing a variety of data sources.
• Utilize all appropriate Hershey business systems (Nielsen, Space Management, etc.) and other account sales information to identify key selling opportunities for market/account.
• Assist in the market analysis of scan and sales data to design programs with Key Accounts.
• Analyze sales information regarding key category programs and promotions.
• Identify and develop productive new processes to enhance Hershey’s Category Management and Sales functions.
• Work with other departments within Hershey’s sales organization to determine efficient ways to disseminate this information.
• A current undergraduate junior or rising senior with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher (preference is 3.2 or higher).
• Majors in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, and Economics are highly preferred, but others will be considered
• Demonstrated leadership and academic achievement in student and extracurricular activities
• High level of integrity
• Energy and passion for winning
• Adaptability and ability to work independently
• Professional communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
• Customer service orientation Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including:
Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Effective planning and organizing skills
• Some travel may be required
• Previous internship and/or sales experience is a plus
• Student must be able to work 20-25 hours/ week during the school year (during business hours) and 35-40 hours/week during the summer.
• This position will begin as soon possible. Duration of the internship is dependent upon the student’s availability and performance, with the goal to finish upon the student’s graduation. Successful interns could be offered full-time, entry level Sales positions with The Hershey Company.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself or a friend.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities